Having trouble with MapleStory crashing after login? Look no further for solutions and updated fixes.
Fixing Maplestory Crash after Login
If you’re experiencing crashes in MapleStory after logging in, here are some tips to help you fix the issue.
First, make sure your computer meets the system requirements for MapleStory and that your drivers are up to date. Updating your graphics drivers, especially if you have an Nvidia or AMD graphics card, can often resolve crashing issues.
If you recently installed a patch or made changes to your computer, try uninstalling and reinstalling MapleStory to ensure a clean installation.
You can also try running MapleStory in compatibility mode for an older version of Windows, such as Windows 7.
If these steps don’t resolve the crashing issue, consider reaching out to technical support or searching for solutions on forums like Reddit.
Updating Graphics Driver and Windows
To fix MapleStory crashing after login, it is essential to keep your graphics driver and Windows up to date. Outdated drivers can often cause compatibility issues, resulting in crashes. Here are some tips for updating your graphics driver and Windows:
1. Updating Graphics Driver:
– Visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer (e.g., Nvidia, AMD, Intel).
– Locate the “Support” or “Downloads” section.
– Find your graphics card model and download the latest driver.
– Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation.
– Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
2. Updating Windows:
– Open the Start menu and search for “Windows Update.”
– Click on “Windows Update Settings.”
– Click on “Check for updates” to search for available updates.
– If updates are found, click on “Download” and wait for the process to finish.
– Restart your computer if prompted.
Allowing Maplestory & Dwarfaxe in Windows Defender
- Open Windows Defender by clicking on the Start button and typing Windows Defender in the search bar. Click on the Windows Defender Security Center option.
- In the Windows Defender Security Center, click on Virus & threat protection in the left-hand menu.
- Scroll down to the Virus & threat protection settings section and click on Manage settings.
- Under the Exclusions section, click on Add or remove exclusions.
- Click on the Add an exclusion button and select Folder.
- Navigate to the Maplestory installation folder (usually located in C:\Nexon\MapleStory) and select it.
- Click on the Add an exclusion button again and this time select File.
- Navigate to the Dwarfaxe.exe file (usually located in C:\Nexon\MapleStory\Dwarfaxe) and select it.
- Close Windows Defender Security Center and restart your computer.
Ensuring Safe Usage and Cancelling Driver Easy
If you’re experiencing crashes in MapleStory after logging in, here are some tips to help you fix the issue. Firstly, ensure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements for MapleStory. Check for any available updates or patches for the game and install them. Additionally, make sure that your graphics drivers are up to date.
If the crashes persist, you can try cancelling the Driver Easy software as it may conflict with MapleStory. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type “msconfig” and click OK to open the System Configuration window.
3. Go to the Services tab and locate the Driver Easy service.
4. Uncheck the box next to Driver Easy to disable it.
5. Click Apply and then OK to save the changes.
6. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.