Having the API-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error can be frustrating, but fear not! I’m here to guide you through the process of fixing this issue.
Understanding the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file
The API-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file is a system file that is required for running certain applications on Windows operating systems. If this file is missing or corrupted, you may encounter an error message stating that the file is missing.
To fix the API-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error, follow these steps:
1. Check for Windows Updates: Ensure that your Windows operating system is up to date by checking for and installing any available updates. This can help fix any compatibility issues related to the missing DLL file.
2. Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable: The missing DLL file is part of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package. You can try reinstalling this package to replace any missing or corrupted files. Visit the Microsoft website and download the latest version of the package that matches your operating system.
3. Perform a System File Check: Windows has a built-in tool called System File Checker that can scan for and restore missing or corrupted system files. Open the Command Prompt as an administrator and run the command “sfc /scannow” to initiate the scan. If any issues are found, the tool will attempt to repair them.
4. Run the DISM Tool: The Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool can also help fix system file corruption. Open the Command Prompt as an administrator and run the command “DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth” to initiate the scan and repair process.
5. Reinstall the Application: If the missing DLL error is specific to a particular application, you may need to uninstall and reinstall that application. This can help ensure that all necessary files, including the DLL file, are properly installed.
Causes and appearance of the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error
The api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error is a common issue that can occur when running certain programs or games on a Windows computer. This error typically appears when the required DLL file is either not present or corrupted.
There are several possible causes for this error. One common cause is an outdated or incompatible version of the Visual C++ Redistributable package, which is required for many applications to run properly. Another possible cause is a malware infection that has corrupted or deleted the DLL file.
To fix the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error, you can follow these steps:
1. Update the Visual C++ Redistributable package: Go to the Microsoft website and download the latest version of the Visual C++ Redistributable package that is compatible with your operating system. Install the package and restart your computer.
2. Scan for malware: Run a thorough scan of your computer using a reliable antivirus or anti-malware program. If any malware is detected, remove it and then try running the program again.
3. Reinstall the program: If the error occurs with a specific program, try reinstalling it. Uninstall the program from your computer, download the latest version from the official website, and then reinstall it.
4. Repair or reinstall Windows: If none of the above steps work, you may need to repair or reinstall Windows. This should be done as a last resort, as it can be time-consuming and may result in data loss. Make sure to back up your important files before proceeding.
Methods to fix the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error
- Open Settings by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the Settings icon.
- Click on Update & Security to open the Windows Update settings.
- Click on Check for updates to search for available updates.
- If any updates are found, click on Install to begin the installation process.
- Restart your computer after the updates have been installed.
Method 2: Install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- Visit the official Microsoft Download Center website.
- Search for Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable in the search bar.
- Select the appropriate version for your operating system and click on the download link.
- Once the download is complete, run the installer file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Restart your computer after the installation is finished.
Method 3: Reinstall the affected program
- Open the Control Panel by clicking on the Start menu and selecting Control Panel.
- Click on Programs or Programs and Features depending on your version of Windows.
- Locate the program that is encountering the missing DLL error.
- Click on the program and select Uninstall or Uninstall/Change.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the program.
- Download the latest version of the program from the official website or a trusted source.
- Run the installer file and follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall the program.
Method 4: Perform a system file check
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator by right-clicking on the Start button and selecting Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type sfc /scannow and press Enter to start the system file check.
- Wait for the process to complete. It may take some time.
- If any corrupted files are found, the system file checker will attempt to repair them automatically.
- Once the process is finished, restart your computer.
Install the software via Windows Update
1. Open the Start menu and go to Settings.
2. Click on Update & Security.
3. In the Windows Update section, click on Check for updates.
4. Windows will automatically search for available updates and install them.
5. Once the updates are installed, restart your computer.
If the API-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error persists, you may need to manually download and install the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from the Microsoft website. Here’s how:
1. Visit the Microsoft Download Center website.
2. Search for “Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015” in the search bar.
3. Choose the appropriate version for your system (x86 for 32-bit or x64 for 64-bit).
4. Click on the Download button.
5. Once the download is complete, run the installer.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
7. Restart your computer after the installation is finished.
If you’re still experiencing the API-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error after following these steps, it may be necessary to seek further assistance from Microsoft Support or consult online forums for additional troubleshooting options.
Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Microsoft
To fix the “API-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing” error, you can download the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Microsoft. This redistributable package includes runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries required to run applications developed with Visual C++ on a computer that does not have Visual C++ 2015 installed.
To download the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, follow these steps:
1. Visit the Microsoft website.
2. Search for “Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015” in the search bar.
3. Click on the official Microsoft download page for the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015.
4. Scroll down to find the download links.
5. Choose the appropriate version of the redistributable package based on the architecture of your operating system. For example, if you have a 64-bit operating system, select the x64 version.
6. Click on the “Download” button to start the download.
Once the download is complete, follow these steps to install the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015:
1. Locate the downloaded file on your computer.
2. Double-click on the file to start the installation process.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. Make sure to read and accept any license agreements.
4. Once the installation is complete, restart your computer.
After restarting your computer, the “API-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing” error should be resolved. Your applications should now be able to run without any issues.
If you continue to encounter the error after installing the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, you may need to perform additional troubleshooting steps or seek further assistance from Microsoft support.
Repair the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
1. First, download the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from the Microsoft website. Make sure to choose the correct version (x86 or x64) based on your system architecture.
2. Once the download is complete, locate the downloaded file and double-click on it to start the installation process.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed with the installation. If prompted, choose the repair option to fix any issues with the existing installation.
4. After the repair process is complete, restart your computer to apply the changes.
5. Once your computer restarts, check if the API-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error is resolved. If not, you may need to reinstall the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015.
6. To reinstall, follow the same steps as before, but this time choose the uninstall option to remove the existing installation. After uninstalling, download the redistributable package again and install it fresh.
7. Restart your computer again and check if the error is resolved.
By repairing or reinstalling the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, you can fix the API-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error and ensure smooth functioning of your applications.
Copy the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file from another device or trusted source
If you are encountering the error message “api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing” on your Windows computer, one possible solution is to copy the missing file from another device or a trusted source. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
1. First, identify a device or a trusted source that has the required file. This can be another computer running the same version of Windows or a trusted online resource.
2. Connect the device or access the trusted source where the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file is located.
3. Locate the file on the device or source. It is usually found in the System32 or SysWOW64 folder within the Windows directory.
4. Once you have located the file, **copy** it to a removable storage device such as a USB flash drive or an external hard drive. Ensure that the file is securely copied and not corrupted.
5. Safely disconnect the removable storage device from the device or source where you obtained the file.
6. Connect the removable storage device to your computer that is encountering the missing dll error.
7. Open File Explorer on your computer and navigate to the folder where the missing file needs to be placed. This is typically the System32 or SysWOW64 folder within the Windows directory.
8. **Paste** the copied api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file into the appropriate folder on your computer.
9. Once the file is successfully pasted, you can try running the program or application that was previously displaying the missing dll error. The error should no longer occur, as the required file is now present on your system.
10. It is important to note that copying dll files from external sources can pose security risks. Ensure that you obtain the file from a trusted source and use reputable antivirus software to scan the file before using it.