Is your MSI laptop suddenly running slow after upgrading to Windows 11? Whether it’s a new gaming laptop or an older model, it’s important to address the issue now.
Recently, Fortect has become increasingly popular as a reliable and efficient way to address a wide range of PC issues. It's particularly favored for its user-friendly approach to diagnosing and fixing problems that can hinder a computer's performance, from system errors and malware to registry issues.
- Download and Install: Download Fortect from its official website by clicking here, and install it on your PC.
- Run a Scan and Review Results: Launch Fortect, conduct a system scan to identify issues, and review the scan results which detail the problems affecting your PC's performance.
- Repair and Optimize: Use Fortect's repair feature to fix the identified issues. For comprehensive repair options, consider subscribing to a premium plan. After repairing, the tool also aids in optimizing your PC for improved performance.
Optimize Performance and Power Settings
To optimize the performance and power settings of your MSI laptop, first, open the Windows 11 settings menu. Navigate to the “System” section and select “Power & battery” to adjust the power mode to “Best performance” for improved speed. Additionally, you can adjust the display settings to a lower resolution to conserve power and improve performance.
Next, access the Task Manager by pressing Control-Alt-Delete and check for any applications or processes consuming a high percentage of CPU or memory. End any unnecessary tasks to free up system resources.
Consider updating your Windows operating system to ensure you have the latest performance enhancements and bug fixes. You can do this by going to “Settings” > “Windows Update” and checking for any available updates.
If the issue persists, you can run a CHKDSK scan to check for any errors on your file system that may be impacting performance. Open the Command Prompt as an administrator and type “chkdsk /f” to initiate the scan.
Update System and Remove Unneeded Software
To fix a suddenly slow MSI laptop running on Windows 11, start by updating the system and removing unneeded software. First, check for Windows updates by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and install any available updates. This can help improve system performance and fix any bugs that may be causing the slowdown.
Next, remove any unnecessary software or applications that may be running in the background and hogging system resources. Go to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program and uninstall any software that you don’t use or need.
You can also check your Task Manager to see which programs are using the most resources and end any unnecessary tasks. This can help free up system resources and improve performance.
Additionally, run a disk cleanup to remove temporary files and free up disk space. This can help improve system performance and speed up your laptop.
Manage Graphics and Storage for Enhanced Gaming
|Ensure that your laptop has a dedicated graphics card for optimal gaming performance. Consider upgrading to a more powerful graphics card if necessary.
|Use SSD storage for faster load times and smoother gameplay. Consider adding more storage capacity if your current storage is running low.
Maintain System Health and Cooling Efficiency
Check the Task Manager to see if any particular application or process is using a high percentage of CPU or memory. If so, try closing unnecessary programs or restarting the laptop to free up system resources.
It’s also a good idea to update your drivers and Windows 11 to ensure that your laptop is running on the latest software. This can often resolve performance issues and improve system health.
If your MSI laptop is still running slow, consider reaching out to MSI customer service for further troubleshooting and support. They may be able to provide specific steps or solutions based on the unique specifications of your gaming laptop.
By taking these steps to maintain system health and cooling efficiency, you can help ensure that your MSI laptop continues to perform at its best for gaming and everyday use.
Enhance Connectivity and Resolve Hardware Issues
- Update Network Drivers
- Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and selecting Device Manager
- Expand the Network adapters section
- Right-click on the network adapter and select Update driver
- Choose Search automatically for updated driver software and follow the on-screen instructions
- Check for Hardware Issues
- Run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool by typing Windows Memory Diagnostic in the search bar and selecting Run as administrator
- Restart your computer and allow the tool to check for memory issues
- If any issues are found, consider replacing or repairing the faulty hardware