Struggling to get your Windows 10 calculator to work? Here are some solutions to help you fix the issue.
Recently, Fortect has become increasingly popular as a reliable and efficient way to address a wide range of PC issues. It's particularly favored for its user-friendly approach to diagnosing and fixing problems that can hinder a computer's performance, from system errors and malware to registry issues.
- Download and Install: Download Fortect from its official website by clicking here, and install it on your PC.
- Run a Scan and Review Results: Launch Fortect, conduct a system scan to identify issues, and review the scan results which detail the problems affecting your PC's performance.
- Repair and Optimize: Use Fortect's repair feature to fix the identified issues. For comprehensive repair options, consider subscribing to a premium plan. After repairing, the tool also aids in optimizing your PC for improved performance.
Common Calculator App Issues
– One common issue with the Windows 10 calculator app is it not working properly, which can be frustrating for users.
– If you are experiencing this issue, one solution is to reset the calculator app using the Windows Settings menu.
– Another possible fix is to reinstall the calculator app from the Microsoft Store, which can help resolve any underlying issues.
– You can also try using the PowerShell command-line interface to uninstall and reinstall the calculator app.
– Sometimes, the issue may be related to the keyboard shortcuts or menu options, so make sure to check these settings.
– If the calculator app is freezing or not responding, try using the task manager to close the app and then reopen it.
– It’s also important to make sure that your Windows 10 is up to date, as updates can often fix bugs and issues with apps.
Re-register Apps via PowerShell
By re-registering the Calculator app via PowerShell, you may be able to resolve any issues with it not working properly. This process essentially resets the app and can fix any underlying problems that may be causing it to malfunction.
Remember to restart your computer after re-registering the app to ensure that the changes take effect. This troubleshooting step can be helpful in resolving issues with the Calculator app, as well as other apps that may be experiencing similar problems.
Reset the App from Settings
To reset the Windows 10 Calculator app from Settings, follow these steps. First, open the Start menu and select “Settings.” Then, click on “Apps” and find the “Calculator” app in the list. Click on it and select “Advanced options.” Scroll down and find the “Reset” button, then click on it to reset the app. After the reset is complete, try opening the Calculator app again to see if the issue has been resolved.
If the Calculator app is still not working after the reset, you may need to consider other troubleshooting solutions such as reinstalling the app or checking for Windows updates. These additional steps can help resolve any underlying issues that may be causing the problem.
Reinstall the App
If reinstalling the app does not fix the issue, you may want to consider other solutions such as resetting the app or using the command-line interface to troubleshoot the problem further.
Run System File Checker
After running the System File Checker, restart your computer and check if the Windows 10 Calculator is now working properly. If it’s still not working, you can try resetting the Calculator app. To do this, open the Start menu, go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features. Find the Calculator app and click on it, then select “Advanced options”. From there, you can choose to “Reset” the app, which will restore it to its default settings.
If the Calculator app is still not working after resetting it, you may need to reinstall it from the Microsoft Store. Open the Microsoft Store, search for the Calculator app, and click on it to reinstall. After reinstalling, check if the Calculator is functioning properly.
Use DISM Command
To use the DISM command to fix the Windows 10 calculator not working issue, you can open Command Prompt as an administrator. Press the Windows key, type “cmd,” right-click on Command Prompt, and select “Run as administrator.” Once the Command Prompt window is open, you can use the DISM command to repair Windows system files.
Type “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” and press Enter. This command will check for and fix any issues with the Windows system files that may be causing the calculator to not work properly.
After the process is complete, restart your computer and check if the calculator is now working as it should. If the issue persists, you may need to consider other troubleshooting methods or seek further assistance from Microsoft support.
End RuntimeBroker.exe Process
To fix the Windows 10 Calculator not working issue, you may need to end the RuntimeBroker.exe process. This can be done through the Task Manager. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager. Look for the RuntimeBroker.exe process in the list of running processes. Right-click on it and select End task from the context menu.
Once the RuntimeBroker.exe process has been ended, try opening the Calculator again to see if the issue has been resolved. If not, you may need to reset the Calculator app. To do this, go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features. Find the Calculator app in the list and click on it. Then, select Advanced options and click on Reset to reset the app.
After resetting the Calculator app, it should start working properly again. If the issue persists, you may want to consider uninstalling and reinstalling the Calculator app. This can be done through the Settings > Apps > Apps & features menu. Find the Calculator app, click on it, and select Uninstall. Then, go to the Microsoft Store and reinstall the Calculator app.
Use Windows App Troubleshooter
- Press Windows Key + I to open Settings
- Click on Update & Security
- Select Troubleshoot from the left-hand menu
- Click on Windows Store Apps and then click Run the troubleshooter
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process
Ensure Latest Windows Update
To ensure that your Windows 10 Calculator is working properly, it is important to make sure that your system is running the latest Windows update. Go to the Start menu and click on Settings. From there, select Update & Security and then Windows Update. Check for any available updates and install them if there are any.
Keeping your Windows system updated can often resolve compatibility issues and bugs that may be causing the Calculator to not work properly. It is a simple step that can make a big difference in the performance of your applications. If you have recently updated your system, try restarting your computer to ensure that the changes take effect.
Another option is to reset the Calculator app to its default state, which can often resolve any issues that may be causing it to not work properly. To do this, go to Settings, then Apps, and select the Calculator app. From there, click on Advanced options and then click on the Reset button.
In addition to these steps, you can also try running the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter to automatically detect and fix any issues with the Calculator app. Simply go to Settings, then Update & Security, select Troubleshoot, and then Windows Store Apps. Run the troubleshooter and follow any on-screen instructions to resolve any problems.
By ensuring that your Windows system is up to date and attempting these troubleshooting steps, you should be able to resolve any issues with the Calculator app not working properly.