Having trouble getting VLC Player to play Blu-ray discs on your PC or Mac? Here’s a guide on how to fix the issue and start enjoying your movies.
Recently, Fortect has become increasingly popular as a reliable and efficient way to address a wide range of PC issues. It's particularly favored for its user-friendly approach to diagnosing and fixing problems that can hinder a computer's performance, from system errors and malware to registry issues.
- Download and Install: Download Fortect from its official website by clicking here, and install it on your PC.
- Run a Scan and Review Results: Launch Fortect, conduct a system scan to identify issues, and review the scan results which detail the problems affecting your PC's performance.
- Repair and Optimize: Use Fortect's repair feature to fix the identified issues. For comprehensive repair options, consider subscribing to a premium plan. After repairing, the tool also aids in optimizing your PC for improved performance.
Troubleshooting VLC Blu-ray Playback
If you are experiencing issues with VLC player not playing Blu-ray discs on your PC or Mac, here are some troubleshooting steps to help you fix the problem.
1. Check VLC Version: Make sure you are using the latest version of VLC media player, as older versions may not support Blu-ray playback. Update to the latest version if necessary.
2. Install AACS Library: Download and install the AACS library, which is required for Blu-ray decryption. You can find the library online and follow the installation instructions provided.
3. Install BD+ Library: Similarly, download and install the BD+ library to enable playback of protected Blu-ray discs. Follow the installation instructions carefully for this library as well.
If you have followed these troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing issues, you may want to consider using a different media player specifically designed for Blu-ray playback. Additionally, ensure that your Blu-ray drive is compatible with your operating system and that the discs themselves are not damaged or region-locked.
Installing and Setting Up Blu-ray Playback
To install and set up Blu-ray playback on your PC or Mac using VLC Player, you will need to download and install the necessary codecs and libraries. First, make sure you have the latest version of VLC media player installed on your computer.
Next, install the AACS (Advanced Access Content System) dynamic library for VLC Player. This library will allow VLC to decrypt and play Blu-ray discs. You can find this library by doing a quick search online and downloading it from a reputable source.
After downloading the AACS library, locate the “plugins” folder within the VLC installation directory on your computer. Once you find this folder, place the AACS library file inside the “plugins” folder to enable Blu-ray playback.
In addition to the AACS library, you may also need to install the libbdplus library for VLC Player to support Blu-ray playback. This library is used to decrypt and play Blu-ray discs that have the BD+ protection. Similar to the AACS library, download the libbdplus library and place it in the “plugins” folder within the VLC installation directory.
Once you have installed both the AACS and libbdplus libraries, restart VLC Player and insert a Blu-ray disc into your computer’s optical drive. VLC should now be able to recognize and play the Blu-ray disc without any issues.
Alternative Blu-ray Players for Windows and Mac
- Research and download alternative Blu-ray player software
- Install the downloaded software on your Windows or Mac computer
- Open the new Blu-ray player software and try playing the Blu-ray disc again
Ripping Blu-rays for VLC Playback
If you’re having trouble playing Blu-ray discs on VLC Player, you may need to rip the Blu-ray first. To do this, you’ll need a Blu-ray ripper software that can bypass the Advanced Access Content System (AACS) and BD+ encryption found on most commercial Blu-rays.
First, download and install a reputable Blu-ray ripper software on your PC or Mac. Make sure it’s compatible with your operating system and has the ability to decrypt Blu-ray copy protection.
Once installed, open the Blu-ray ripper and insert the Blu-ray disc into your computer’s optical drive. The software should detect the disc and allow you to select the content you want to rip.
Choose the output format for the ripped Blu-ray content. VLC Player supports a wide range of video formats, but for best compatibility, you may want to choose a common format like MP4 or MKV.
After selecting the output format, initiate the ripping process. This may take some time depending on the length and quality of the Blu-ray content.
Once the ripping process is complete, open VLC Player and navigate to the ripped Blu-ray file on your computer. You should now be able to play the Blu-ray content without any issues.
FAQs About VLC Blu-ray Playback
|FAQs About VLC Blu-ray Playback
|Q: Can VLC player play Blu-ray discs?
|A: Yes, VLC player can play Blu-ray discs with the help of additional codecs and libraries.
|Q: Why is my VLC player not playing Blu-ray discs?
|A: VLC player may not play Blu-ray discs by default due to lack of necessary codecs and libraries.
|Q: How can I fix VLC player not playing Blu-ray discs?
|A: You can fix this issue by installing the AACS and BD+ DRM libraries and using a compatible Blu-ray drive.
|Q: Can VLC player play Blu-ray discs on both PC and Mac?
|A: Yes, VLC player can play Blu-ray discs on both PC and Mac with the appropriate setup and libraries.