Are you experiencing the 0x00000005 Access Denied error on your computer? This article will provide solutions to fix this issue.
Recently, Fortect has become increasingly popular as a reliable and efficient way to address a wide range of PC issues. It's particularly favored for its user-friendly approach to diagnosing and fixing problems that can hinder a computer's performance, from system errors and malware to registry issues.
- Download and Install: Download Fortect from its official website by clicking here, and install it on your PC.
- Run a Scan and Review Results: Launch Fortect, conduct a system scan to identify issues, and review the scan results which detail the problems affecting your PC's performance.
- Repair and Optimize: Use Fortect's repair feature to fix the identified issues. For comprehensive repair options, consider subscribing to a premium plan. After repairing, the tool also aids in optimizing your PC for improved performance.
Run Printer Troubleshooter and Restart Print Spooler Service
To fix the 0x00000005 Access Denied Error, you can try running the Printer Troubleshooter and restarting the Print Spooler Service. First, open the Settings app and go to Update & Security. Then, click on Troubleshoot and select Printer. Run the troubleshooter to identify and fix any issues with your printer.
If the troubleshooter doesn’t resolve the issue, you can restart the Print Spooler Service. To do this, press Win + R to open the Run dialog box, then type services.msc and press Enter. In the Services window, locate the Print Spooler service, right-click on it, and select Restart.
If the Print Spooler service is not running, right-click on it and select Start. You can also set the startup type to Automatic to ensure that the service starts automatically when you boot up your computer.
After restarting the Print Spooler Service, try printing again to see if the 0x00000005 Access Denied Error has been resolved. If the issue persists, you may need to consider other troubleshooting steps or seek further assistance from a professional.
Modify Registry Values and Settings
Navigate to the specific registry key that is causing the Access Denied error. Right-click on the key and select “Permissions.”
In the Permissions window, click on the “Add” button to add a new user or group. Type the name of the user or group that you want to grant permissions to, and click “Check Names” to validate the entry.
Select the user or group from the list, and then check the “Allow” box next to “Full Control.” Click “Apply” and “OK” to save the changes.
Close the Registry Editor and restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
It’s important to note that modifying the Windows Registry can have serious consequences if done incorrectly, so it’s always a good idea to backup the registry before making any changes.
Install Printers Manually and Change Driver Installation Behavior
- Manually install printers if automatic installation is not successful
- Change driver installation behavior to resolve access denied error
- Access Windows Settings by pressing Windows Key + I
- Click on Devices and then Printers & Scanners
- Under Printers & Scanners, click on “Add a printer or scanner”
- Select “The printer that I want isn’t listed”
- Choose the option to add a local or network printer with manual settings
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the printer installation
- To change driver installation behavior, access Control Panel
- Click on System and Security, then System
- Under System, click on Advanced system settings
- In the System Properties window, go to the Hardware tab and click on Device Installation Settings
- Choose the option to “No, let me choose what to do” and then select “Never install driver software from Windows Update”
- Click Save Changes and then restart your computer
Create a New Account for Troubleshooting
To troubleshoot the 0x00000005 Access Denied error, you may need to create a new account. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the Control Panel and navigate to “User Accounts.”
2. Click on “Manage another account” and then “Add a new user in PC settings.”
3. Select “Add someone else to this PC” and follow the prompts to create a new user account.
4. Once the new account is created, log out of the current account and log in to the new account to see if the error persists.
Creating a new account can help determine if the issue is specific to your user profile. If the error does not occur when using the new account, it may be necessary to troubleshoot or reset your original user profile.
Remember to back up any important files and data before making any changes to user accounts. This can help prevent data loss in case anything goes wrong during the troubleshooting process.
By creating a new account, you can isolate the issue and determine if it’s related to a specific user profile. This can be a helpful step in troubleshooting the 0x00000005 Access Denied error.