Unleashing the fury of DOOM Eternal on your PC can be an exhilarating experience, but what happens when crashes rain on your demon-slaughtering parade? Fear not, as we uncover the secrets to vanquishing those pesky crashes and restoring uninterrupted gaming bliss.
Check System Requirements and Device Specs
Before troubleshooting the crashing issue in DOOM Eternal, it’s important to ensure that your system meets the game’s system requirements. Make sure your PC configuration aligns with the minimum and recommended specifications provided by the game developers. This will help determine if your machine can handle DOOM Eternal’s demands.
To check your computer’s specifications, follow these steps:
Step 1: Press the Win+G keys to open the Windows Game Bar.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon to access the settings.
Step 3: Under the “General” tab, click on “System Requirements” to view your device’s specifications.
If your system meets the requirements, proceed with the following solutions. If not, consider upgrading your hardware to improve game performance.
Note: DOOM Eternal’s crashing problem can have various reasons, so try these fixes step by step to identify the culprit.
MiniTool Partition Wizard is a tool that can help you check the integrity of your hard disk drive and fix any file system errors. Additionally, updating your graphics card driver may resolve compatibility issues.
Remember to always keep your game and drivers up to date. If the crashing problem persists, reach out to DOOM Eternal’s support or visit their forums for further assistance.
Run the Game with Administrative Rights
To fix DOOM Eternal crashing on your PC, one thing you can try is running the game with administrative rights. This can help resolve issues related to user permissions and computer configurations.
Here’s how you can do it:
1. Right-click on the DOOM Eternal shortcut or the game’s .exe file.
2. Select “Run as administrator” from the context menu.
3. If prompted, click “Yes” to confirm.
4. Launch the game and see if the crashing issue persists.
Running the game with administrative rights gives it the necessary permissions to access certain system resources and configurations. This can often resolve gameplay issues and improve game performance.
If the crashing problem persists even after running the game as an administrator, you may need to explore other solutions such as updating your graphics card driver, checking the game files’ integrity, or adjusting the game settings.
Remember to consult official support forums and community posts for additional fixes and troubleshooting methods specific to your PC setup and the DOOM Eternal game.
Verify Integrity of Game Files
If DOOM Eternal is crashing on your PC, verifying the integrity of game files can help resolve the issue. This method is effective in fixing corrupted or missing game files that may be causing the crashes.
To verify the integrity of game files:
Step 1: Open the Steam client on your PC and go to your game library.
Step 2: Right-click on DOOM Eternal and select “Properties.”
Step 3: In the Properties window, click on the “Local Files” tab.
Step 4: Click on the “Verify Integrity of Game Files” button.
Steam will then check your game files and replace any corrupted or missing files. This process may take some time, so please be patient.
Once the verification is complete, launch DOOM Eternal again and see if the crashing issue persists. If it does, you may need to explore other troubleshooting methods.
Remember to keep your graphics drivers up to date for optimal performance. Consider using a reliable driver updater like NVIDIA GeForce Experience or manually updating them from the manufacturer’s website.
We hope this crash fix resolves the issue, allowing you to enjoy DOOM Eternal’s intense gameplay without interruptions.
Update System Drivers and Graphics Driver
To fix DOOM Eternal crashing on your PC, it is essential to update your system drivers and graphics driver. Outdated or incompatible drivers can often be the culprit behind game crashes. Follow these steps to update your drivers and resolve the issue:
1. Update System Drivers:
– Press Win+G to open the Windows Game Mode.
– Go to Settings and select the Update & Security option.
– Click on Windows Update and select Check for updates.
– Install any available updates for your machine, including driver updates.
2. Update Graphics Driver:
– Identify your graphics card manufacturer (e.g., NVIDIA) and visit their website.
– Download the latest driver for your graphics card model.
– Install the driver and restart your computer.
By keeping your drivers up to date, you ensure compatibility with DOOM Eternal and optimize your gaming experience. If the game continues to crash, other factors like game settings or hardware configuration may be the reason. Refer to the game’s system requirements and adjust graphics options accordingly. Consider using tools like MiniTool Partition Wizard or seeking assistance from a professional for further troubleshooting.
Disable Antivirus Software
To disable antivirus software that may be causing DOOM Eternal to crash on your PC, follow these steps:
1. Open your antivirus software and locate the settings or preferences menu.
2. Look for an option to temporarily disable or turn off real-time protection.
3. Disable the antivirus software temporarily by selecting the appropriate option.
4. Launch DOOM Eternal and see if the crashing issue persists.
5. If the game no longer crashes, it’s likely that the antivirus software was interfering with the game’s processes.
Remember to re-enable your antivirus software after playing DOOM Eternal to ensure your computer’s security.
Additionally, make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements for DOOM Eternal, including the correct Windows version and driver updates. Consider optimizing your graphics options and freeing up space on your hard disk drive.
If the game continues to crash, it may be necessary to consult forums or reach out to other players for further assistance.
Configure Game Settings
- Step 1: Open the game settings menu
- Launch DOOM Eternal on your PC.
- Click on “Settings” in the main menu.
- Step 2: Adjust graphics settings
- Click on the “Graphics” tab in the settings menu.
- Lower the graphics settings to a lower preset or manually adjust individual settings such as resolution, texture quality, and anti-aliasing.
- Step 3: Disable VSync
- Navigate to the “Graphics” tab in the settings menu.
- Find the option for “Vertical Sync” or “VSync” and set it to “Off”.
- Step 4: Update graphics drivers
- Open a web browser and visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer (e.g., NVIDIA, AMD).
- Search for the latest graphics driver for your specific graphics card model.
- Download and install the driver following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Step 5: Verify game files
- Open the game client or launcher (e.g., Steam, Bethesda Launcher).
- Locate DOOM Eternal in your game library.
- Right-click on the game and select “Properties”.
- Navigate to the “Local Files” or “Verify Integrity of Game Files” tab.
- Click on the option to verify the game files. This may take some time.
Reinstall DOOM Eternal
If DOOM Eternal keeps crashing on your PC, reinstalling the game might solve the problem. Follow these steps to reinstall DOOM Eternal:
1. Uninstall DOOM Eternal from your computer: Go to the Control Panel, select “Uninstall a program,” find DOOM Eternal in the list, and click “Uninstall.”
2. Download the latest version of DOOM Eternal from the official website or your preferred gaming platform.
3. Install DOOM Eternal by running the downloaded setup file DOOMEternal.exe.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
5. Once the game is installed, launch DOOM Eternal and check if the crashing issue is resolved.
Reinstalling the game can help fix any corrupted files or configuration issues that may be causing the crashes. Remember to update your computer’s drivers and ensure your system meets the game’s minimum system requirements.