Having trouble with AirPlay not showing up on your Mac? Let’s dive into some troubleshooting steps to help you resolve this issue.
Recently, Fortect has become increasingly popular as a reliable and efficient way to address a wide range of PC issues. It's particularly favored for its user-friendly approach to diagnosing and fixing problems that can hinder a computer's performance, from system errors and malware to registry issues.
- Download and Install: Download Fortect from its official website by clicking here, and install it on your PC.
- Run a Scan and Review Results: Launch Fortect, conduct a system scan to identify issues, and review the scan results which detail the problems affecting your PC's performance.
- Repair and Optimize: Use Fortect's repair feature to fix the identified issues. For comprehensive repair options, consider subscribing to a premium plan. After repairing, the tool also aids in optimizing your PC for improved performance.
Ensuring AirPlay Compatibility and Activation
If you’re having trouble with AirPlay not showing up on your Mac, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue and ensure compatibility and activation.
First, make sure that all your devices are running the latest version of iOS, including any HomePods or Apple TVs you may be using. Updating your devices can often resolve compatibility issues with AirPlay.
Next, check that your Mac is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the devices you want to stream to. AirPlay relies on a stable and secure Wi-Fi connection, so ensuring that all devices are on the same network is crucial.
You should also check your System Settings on your Mac to make sure AirPlay is enabled. Go to the Apple menu in the top-left corner of your screen, select “System Preferences,” and click on “Displays.” From there, you should see an option to “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available.” Make sure this option is checked.
If you’re still having issues, it’s worth checking your network settings. Ensure that your computer network is configured correctly, and that any firewalls or antivirus software you have installed are not blocking AirPlay.
Additionally, if you’re trying to stream to a Smart TV or other external display, make sure that the device supports AirPlay. Not all TVs or displays are compatible with AirPlay, so double-check the manufacturer’s specifications.
Troubleshooting Connection and Network Issues
|AirPlay icon not appearing in the menu bar
|AirPlay device not detected by Mac
|Intermittent AirPlay connection
Addressing Device Wakefulness and Firewall Settings
To troubleshoot AirPlay not showing up on your Mac, you may need to address device wakefulness and firewall settings. Here are some steps to help you resolve the issue:
1. Ensure that both your Mac and the AirPlay-enabled device (such as an Apple TV, HomePod, or smart TV) are connected to the same computer network. This is crucial for AirPlay to work properly.
2. Check the system settings on your Mac. Go to “System Preferences” and click on “Displays.” Make sure that the “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available” option is selected.
3. Verify that your Mac is awake and not in sleep mode. AirPlay may not appear if your Mac is sleeping. Wake it up by pressing any key or moving the mouse.
4. Adjust the firewall settings on your Mac. Open “System Preferences” and click on “Security & Privacy.” Go to the “Firewall” tab and make sure that the firewall is turned off or that an exception is added for AirPlay.
5. If you have antivirus software or a virtual private network (VPN) installed, temporarily disable them and check if AirPlay appears. Sometimes these applications can interfere with the AirPlay connection.
6. Restart both your Mac and the AirPlay-enabled device. Sometimes a simple restart can resolve any temporary glitches.
Updating Devices and Resetting NVRAM
- Check network connectivity – Ensure that both your Mac and the AirPlay-enabled device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Restart your devices – Power off and then power on your Mac, AirPlay-enabled device, and any other devices in the network.
- Update macOS – Ensure that your Mac is running the latest version of macOS. Go to the Apple menu, select “System Preferences,” then choose “Software Update.”
- Update device firmware – Check for any available firmware updates for your AirPlay-enabled device and follow the manufacturer’s instructions to update it.
- Reset NVRAM – Resetting the non-volatile random-access memory (NVRAM) on your Mac can help resolve certain AirPlay issues. Restart your Mac and hold down the Command + Option + P + R keys until you hear the startup sound for a second time.
- Disable any firewalls or VPNs – Temporarily disable any firewall or VPN software on your Mac that might be blocking AirPlay connections.
- Check AirPlay settings – On your Mac, go to “System Preferences,” select “Displays,” then click on the “AirPlay Display” dropdown menu to ensure that the “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available” option is checked.
- Verify AirPlay compatibility – Ensure that the device you are trying to AirPlay to is actually AirPlay-compatible. Check the manufacturer’s website or user manual for confirmation.
- Restart your Wi-Fi router – Power off and then power on your Wi-Fi router to refresh the network connection.
- Update router firmware – Check if there are any available firmware updates for your Wi-Fi router and follow the manufacturer’s instructions to update it.
Why is my AirPlay not showing up on my Mac?
Your AirPlay may not be showing up on your Mac because the “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available” box is not checked in the System Preferences > Displays settings.
How do I get AirPlay icon on my Mac?
To get the AirPlay icon on your Mac, first ensure that your MacBook is running Catalina or Mojave. Then, click on the AirPlay icon in the menu bar. If the icon is not visible, go to System Preferences > Displays and enable the option to show mirroring options in the menu bar. Finally, select your Apple TV or smart TV from the AirPlay menu.
How do I get AirPlay on my Mac screen?
To get AirPlay on your Mac screen, ensure that your Mac and Apple TV are connected to the same network. Open Control Centre from the menu bar, select the Screen Mirroring icon, and choose your Apple TV.
Why is the AirPlay code not showing up?
The AirPlay code may not be showing up due to a technical glitch. To resolve this issue, try updating the iOS and tvOS software to their latest versions.